Management Trainee Recruitment Program
We designed and managed the end-to-end MT recruitment process to ensure high-calibre recruits and improve employer branding for our client.
The client was a Chinese Conglomerate headquartered in Hong Kong while having footsteps in diverse business areas across China. They were initiating a platform-wide management trainee program across the headquarter and business-units in order to develop a pipeline of cross-business-unit generalist talents going forward.
- Being a Conglomerate with multiple industries, there is no prior centralised and structured MT programme.
- Involvement from many stakeholders – HR and different BU leaders.
- The “standard” or criteria of evaluating talents are yet to be aligned.
- It was a first of its kind in the organisation, business leaders and HRs did not used to the process
- COVID made it impossible to conduct face-to-face training and Assessment Centres
- To create a high-calibre and high-profile management trainee programs, with buy-in from top management and different business units.
- To leverage this program to create future business leaders and cross-business-unit talents.
Tailor- Made Solutions
Competency Framework Development
We developed a customised competency framework for MT role as a basis of behavioural expectation for selection criteria.
Selection & Assessment Process Design
We designed the whole selection and assessment process from end to end including customizing exercises, providing the assessments, running the assessment centre, designing collaterals needed.
Program Management & Faciliation
We coached the HR team along the way on the strategy, process and positioning of the whole program. We also trained their internal HR and different BU leaders as assessors for future practices.