The client was a Chinese Conglomerate headquartered in Hong Kong while having footsteps in diverse business areas across China. They were initiating a platform-wide management trainee program across the headquarter and business-units in order to develop a pipeline of cross-business-unit generalist talents going forward.
- Being a Conglomerate with multiple industries, there is no prior centralised and structured MT programme.
- Involvement from many stakeholders – HR and different BU leaders.
- It was a first of its kind in the organisation, business leaders and HRs did not used to the process.
- The “standard” or criteria of evaluating talents are yet to be aligned.
- COVID made it impossible to conduct face-to-face training and Assessment Centres
- To create a high-calibre and high-profile management trainee programs, with buy-in from top management and different business units.
- Leverage this program to create future business leaders and cross-business-unit talents.
Competency Framework Development
Developed a customised competency framework as a basis of behavioural expectation of different levels of employees.
Selection & Assessment Process Design
Designed the whole selection and assessment process from end to end including customizing exercises, providing the assessments, running the assessment centre, designing collaterals needed.
Program Management & Facilitation
Coached the HR team along the way on the strategy, process and positioning of the whole program.
Trained internal HR and different BU leaders as assessors for future practices.
Top management was very satisfied with the results.
Building client’s brand image with the scientific and professional approach.
Successfully screened from more than 5000 participants over 4 stages, to the final 20 talents.
Meeting 100% target on High-calibre recruits.
New MT onboarded in 2021 and immediately being placed in business practices.